HOW DOES A TEAM WIN THE HHL CHAMPIONSHIP IN THEIR DIVISION?
1. Teams that win are awarded 2 points
2. Teams that are tied are both awarded a single point
3. No points are awarded for a loss. (forfeit = 1 point deduction)
4. Top teams in each division (ranked by points) qualify for playoffs. (In an 8-team division the top 6 teams qualify for playoffs. If a division has less than 8 teams another arrangement is made)
- Most points
- Head-to-head record (2 teams only)
- Most wins
- Highest goal differential
- Lowest goals against
- Most goals for
- Fewest PIM
- First head-to-head win
- First head-to-head goal scored
5. Playoff format is double-knockout tournament (teams advance until they lose 2 games).
6. If any playoff game ends in a tie, a 5-minute (4-on-4) sudden-death overtime period is played.
7. If still tied after overtime, an NHL style shootout will decide the winner.
OTHER LEAGUE INFO
Players must sign the League Waiver
- Failing to sign the waiver will rsult in forfeitted games
- team reps will be suspended if a player plays without signing the waiver
Playoff eligibility is based upon playing at least 40% of the season
- A & B Divisions: Skaters must play 17 games, goalies must play 10 games
- 35A & 35B Divisions: Sakters must play 14 games, goalies must play 8 games
To be eligible for a playoff injury exemption, the guidelines are strict. Review League Rules & Regulations and follow protocol.
Requests that are not genuine will result in supplimentary action against requesting treams who file any disingenuous injury claims.
After each season teams are promoted/regulated within divisions based on league guidelines. This is non-negotiable.